Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Dementia

Like someone else, who I loved very much and is no longer here now, Ma wee daddy has Multi Infract Dementia, has had for about 5/6 years now, but he is really beginning to notice how bad it is getting, and he gets angry about it. I reason it out with him and say "like everything else dad, as you get older everything slows down, your legs, your hearing as well as the brain. It takes you longer to walk somewhere and it takes you longer to remember and to understand what people are saying, its inevitable".

He nods, scrunches his face and shrugs his shoulders in acceptance, "ach well" he says "I suppose that's the reason how sometimes at the centre when I'm playing dominos with the guys, I kinda stop and wonder what I am doing and where I am" he continues: "But what about my sister? She is older than me and she's as sharp as a razor".

I do his shrug and he gets the message, "just ma luck eh?" he says.

Aye, regardless of how you live your life or what/who you believe in at the end of the day, despite all your efforts it comes down to that in reality.

It's just your luck.

Jump the queue,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home